OPERATION TIME: Unknown to present
Late at night, the ghost of a man can be seen leaving his cell in the middle of the jail. The toilet there has been known to flush voluntarily. Legend has it that the cell used to serve as what police had nicknamed “the drunk tank” where they held criminals with DUIs or illegal drinking. In the 1980s, they hung a man in the cell even though they were not supposed to.
- Forgotten USA. “Bayou La Batre Jail,” www.ForgottenUSA.com
- Haunted Hovel. “Haunted Places in Alabama,” www.HauntedHovel.com
- Have a personal experience here? Tell us about it!
- Have more information about this haunt? Send it to us here!
- Have an image you want to submit? Let us know!