Boothbay Harbor, Maine
OPERATION TIME: Unknown to present
The Boothbay Opera House was built in 1894, and it originally served as the Knights of Pythias (a fraternal order connected to the Freemasons) headquarters. Eventually, it was turned into a theater, and it featured plays, movies, and basketball games.
The theater is haunted by an unknown ghost on the second floor, which was the meeting place of the Knights of Pythias. Visitors have claimed to feel a strange presence in the room since 1949. Activity includes the piano playing by itself. It is rumored that the ghost is of Earl Cliff, a man who played the piano during the early 1900s.
- Forgotten USA. “Boothbay Opera House,” www.ForgottenUSA.com
- Strange Maine. “Haunted Boothbay Opera House,” www.StrangeMaine.Blogspot.com