STATUS: Still standing
The Donaldson House was built in 1870 by William James “WJ” Donaldson. The current residents, David and Lina Chestnut, have reported feeling the presence of WJ’s third wife as well as WJ himself, particularly in the hallway. It seems as if he monitors the home in order to make sure it is taken care of. In the child’s room, an apparition of a young girl has been seen looking out the window. The Chestnut family’s Bible has been seen levitating and falling to the floor on numerous occasions. Both residents and guests alike have heard music coming from a room in the house. Other activity includes disembodied footsteps and cold spots.
- Essortment. “Haunted Sites Atlanta,” www.Essortment.com
- Forgotten USA. “Donaldson House,” www.ForgottenUSA.com