REMAINS: Foundations, house
STATUS: Still standing
Wolf Hole was a ranching and farming community from 1918 to 1927 in Mohave County, Arizona. Major John Wesley Powell named it from an incorrectly translated Pah-Ute name which meant “Coyote Spring.” The town’s most notable feature was its post office, which was abandoned with the rest of the area in 1927.
Today, only a single house and a few foundations remain. Author Edward Abbey occasionally claims to be Wolf Hole’s sole resident.
- Ghost Towns. “Wolf Hole,” www.GhostTowns.com
- Pinterest. “Wolf Hole, Arizona,” www.Pinterest.com
- Washington County Historical Society. “Wolf Hole, Arizona Strip, Arizona,” www.WCHSUtah.org
- Wikipedia. “Wolf Hole, Arizona,” www.Wikipedia.org